If you’re like me, you get really annoyed when you’re looking for a recipe and have to scroll through PAGES AND PAGES of blog blabbering. I won’t put you through that, so here you go! A super tasty recipe for yellow cake that tastes like chocolate chip cookies! Pair it with my chocolate chip cookie dough frosting for an out-of-this-world cake experience!
Yield: (1) Half Sheet Cake
- 2 Sticks of Salted Butter (soft, room temperature)
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 Egg Yolks (room temperature)
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- ¾ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1 Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the whole eggs and egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula and mix on high.
- Sift together the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine the milk and vanilla extract.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk while mixing on low.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix on low.
- Toss the chocolate chips in the 2 tablespoons of flour and then gently fold in to the batter.
- Spray a half sheet pan with pan spray, line with parchment paper, and spray the parchment.
- Pour the batter on top of the parchment and spread it out with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back.
- Cool in the pan. Invert onto a cooling rack and remove the parchment paper.