If you’re like me, you get really annoyed when you’re looking for a recipe and have to scroll through PAGES AND PAGES of blog blabbering. I won’t put you through that, so here you go! A super tasty recipe for frosting that tastes just like chocolate chip cookie dough! Pair it with my chocolate chip cookie yellow cake for a bomb-diggity experience! (Do people still say bomb diggity?)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Buttercream
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter (softened, room temperature)
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Heat Treated* and cooled, All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- ⅓ Cup of Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
*To heat-treat flour, spread your flour out on a clean sheet pan and bake at 350 for 7 minutes. This kills E. coli and other bacteria that could be hiding in raw flour!
- Cream the softened butter, light brown sugar, and salt with a whip attachment in an electric mixer for 2 minutes on high.
- Add the heat treated flour and powdered sugar and mix on low.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and whip on high for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Eat with a spoon while wearing pajamas and binge watching Friends or store in the fridge until you’re ready to get caking!